Sunday 13 November 2016

Top 3 Highlighters

I love highlighters, it's almost a love affair with how much I love them.  I love nothing more than carving out cheeks with my contour and then making my cheek bones pop with glitter and shimmer. I think I own around eight highlighters but in this post I am going to talk about my top three.

Benefit - Watts Up
I am a massive fan of Benefit, I don't think I have ever come across a product that I hate from them. A while ago I did my favourite Benefit Products which you can read here. I brought Watts Up on a little shopping trip in London on Oxford Street and I know it's daft but using this always makes me think of that fun day. But enough of being a softy, this product is my all time favourite cream highlighter. Normally I am a little weary of cream product, I am a bit clueless when it comes to them, powder all the way. But this is so easy to use. It is in a stick form which I do find easier to apply onto my cheek bones, there is no faffing about with a brush. Just a quick swipe and a little blending, you are good to go. What I have found that this does set fast. So as soon as I have applied it to my face I will blend it out straight away if not, well good luck trying to move it, it doesn't shift! Also this isn't drying at all, I know creams can sometimes feel like they are sticking to every dry patch on your face, but this isn't the case with Watts Up. I do prefer golden toned highlighters, silver looks a little flat on me and Watts Up is a gorgeous golden colour. At the other end is also a buffing tool, but I don't use this it feels too rough on my face so I just keep to either my fingers or using a brush.

MAC - Stereo Rose
This was featured in my October Favourites post and I simply couldn't leave it out of this post either. I am still using this pretty much every day when I am not at work. I don't feel right without it on now, it's the same feeling if you have left your phone at home, I am sure you know that belly sinking feeling well. Rose gold is still my go to colours and anything that is going to give me that effect on my face, well I am all over it. Stereo Rose is a pink blush shade with gold intertwined throughout giving it the most perfect highlight colour ever, with a slight pink tone to it. 

I am not going to babble on about this one too much as I have only just recently spoken about it. With it being a limited edition, you may want to keep an eye out on eBay and websites like that. Just be sure it is a genuine MAC product, I would have for you to be scammed by someone.

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer   
I think I bang on about this highlighter too much but I simply do not care. I bloody LOVE this gold highlighter more than life itself I think. I know I have featured it in past favourite posts. It is the perfect golden highlighter, I am yet to find one that I prefer to this. Please leave alternative below in the comments. When I was single, I was out on the town every Saturday night and this would give the most lovely glow on my cheek bones and brow bones, it just made them pop. And isn't that what you want from your highlighter?! I want the people on the space station to see my highlight dazzling them! I am now aware that Superdrug are selling theBalm, so please head on down to your local store and give it a little swatch. Feel the creaminess, be in awe of the glow and be impressed with how long it's going to last on the back your hand. You'll soon be going back to pick up your own.

What is your favourite highlighters?!

Follow me on 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig