Tuesday 21 April 2015

Life Happens.

Hello there;

Hiya, hello, ayup! Yes I am back after a 2 week break that was purely outta my hands. So it turns out that it my was laptop that had broke. Sad times. But for the first time in my life I am so glad I took out the extended warranty on my laptop meaning that it got fixed, for free. Guys, Mac Books aren't a massive fan of steamy bathrooms FYI. 

So what have I been doing on my break?! Well.... 
Ill be perfectly honest with you. I started to detest my blog, I was really having to push myself to take photos, to edit them and to finally write up the posts themselves. Did that come across in my posts? Of course. Don't get me wrong I re wrote a few so they wasn't completely half hearted but they are not my best. I felt like I was letting you, my readers down if I didn't blog every other day. I managed it last year, so why couldn't I manage it this year?! Well life happens.

Recently I have had to step down at work due to a restructure, meaning the last 5 years of my life; all the hard work, all the hours I have done for my company have been for nothing. Yes I am very bitter of this even to this day. Basically I am heart broken. I loved my job but now it is no more. I really need to remember the word "no" as hard as it will be. I like to please people. 

Also a very special person to me has gone through a awful time of her life. Even if my laptop was working, I would have given it up to be with her. Id have given up everything to make sure she was okay. I do feel like I have been an amazing friend to her and I don't mean that big headed in the slightest. If you had asked me if we were close before I would have said of course. But after these past few weeks, we have become so much closer and stronger. I now know for a 109454340% fact that she will be in my life forever. 

Due to said friend, I am now going away in August. Which means I need to shift some timber. So back to the gym I go. Which means my blog will be taking a back seat a little. So what does this mean for Sian Marie Beauty. WELL let me tell you. I am not giving up on it, not in the slightest. After my little break I have missed doing this. I am glad I had the time away to realise that I do still love blogging. But I will no longer be posting every other day. I will/need to figure out a post schedule that works for me. I know it'll be three times a week, I just want to figure out which days will work best for me. If I fancy writing an extra post well I will do. If I only want to do two posts, then I will do. Its taken me having a break to realise this is no my be all and end all of my life. 

So whats been happening in your life lately?!


Follow me on 

SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Sorry to hear your friend was having a awful time, but you without a doubt did the best thing, laptop breakages or not! And for utterly selfish reasons, don't ever go away again please!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your job and I really hope you find something better. Hopefully things will all work out. Also hope your friend is okay and it's lovely to hear that you are doing your best for her. I actually don't post as often as I did last year anymore due to the uni work load becoming a little heavier but I haven't really lost any followers and I actually think my posts have become stronger as a result as I don't think hmmm what should I do today on my blog it happens more naturally now :)

    Little long comment but basically I'm glad you are back and good luck with everything :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've been going through some tough times! I'm really glad to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you! So sorry to hear about work & your friend :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came in 3s for you didn't it- laptop, work, and your friend. Now, hopefully everything is on the up and up! I am sorry about your job and hope that your job hunt produces something. And I am a big fan of blogging breaks, sometimes they are exactly what is needed!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try my best not to disappear, just for you :p


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is getting there thank you. I do think we can let our blogs take over our lives at times. I really need to stop doing that. I need to concentrate on myself more. But thank you Lisa, you are a little cutie :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh you :)! Im back now, well kinda. I need to get some posts written up!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really did! Well in 4's for me, as I dropped my phone in the bath too :') But that is fine now haha.


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your back I have really missed reading your blog and actually found myself checking on it the other day until I realised!
    Love you and your blog honey and hopefully everything will get better now :)
    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your job, I can only imagine how upsetting it must be. I think blogging when suits you best is the best thing you can do, because it will definitely come from the heart then and you will still enjoy it rather than finding it a chore. Hope everything works out for you and fair play to you for getting back to the gym x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your job, hope something turns up for you. Glad you are back and your laptop is fixed. Adele xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ekkkk were all so glad to have you back! you've been the best friend to everyone recently and the whole time I've gotten to know you, you've always been a person I knew would be a friend to call on. Everyone who has you in their life is lucky!
    I can't wait to see what comes from your blog now your back, love you twin!
    Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your job Sian! I can't believe they've done that to you - it sounds very unfair. Looking forward to seeing you next week :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally understandable and I'm so sorry about the rough things you've been going through. Sending you all the lovely & positive vibes in the world <3

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope your friend is okay but glad to hear it's make you closer :)


    avecdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig