Monday 6 October 2014

What You Waiting For?!

Hello there;

Now let me talk about a brand today that I am sure needs no introduction. Make Up Revolution. These guys popped up on my Twitter timeline about 7-8 months ago and well they took over the Beauty Blogger world in a flash. One question I need to ask myself is, WHY did it take you so long to buy any of their products?! Ive been missing out 100%, but I am here to change that. If you saw my Superdrug haul a couple of weeks ago, you know that I brought a few Make Up Revolution goodies. The first I am going to review is the What You Waiting For? Palette.

I can remember when they released this palette, I had Gwen Stefani in my head for the rest of the day :') What a great way to catch an potential customer attention, by naming palettes in a fun way.


I love how sleek the packaging is. It looks so high end when in actual fact this palette set me back £6. Yes 6 english pounds. 


So for them 6 english pounds you receive a MASSIVE mirror, an duel ended applicator and then 18 eyeshadows. That equals out to 33p per eyeshadow. How much cheaper do you want your make up to be? 
All of the shadows are related to Gwen Stefani in some form, which again I think is a fantastic idea. The names are on a plastic overlay with just slips off when you want to use the palette. I hope I don't lose this as I think its a great way to keep the shadows safe. 


Top Row
Middle Row
The top row and the middle row are all shimmer shadows. Ranging from highlight shades up to the dark definition shades, with everything in-between. My personal favourites are Now Its Only Me, Stupid H... and Can't Find The Break.

The shimmer within these shadows are not an over powering shimmer, it is very slight. Which I am grateful of, as huge chucks of glitter in shadows can sometimes irritate my eyes. There is a tiny bit of fall out when applying these shadows. But there is with the Urban Decay shadows. So please do not see this as a negative. They do last for along while too, I always use a primer though to help my eyeshadow stick to my eyelid. I wore these on a night out a few weeks ago and my eyeshadow still looked as good when I walked through my front door 4 hours later.

Bottom Row
The bottom row are the mattes in the palette. They are all amazing shades, only one I do struggle with and that is Million Dollar Contract; it doesn't really give any pay off for me. I had to use it wet to get any colour for the photo. But then again I can use it as a base colour so no love lost here. I absolutely love Hot Track, its quite a mauve colour and I love mauve! 

I gonna sound SO cliche here, but they are all SO SO SOOO pigmented. People pay up to 8 times the amount for a high end palette (I am guilty myself) for shadows that have very similar qualities as this. But when you can get a palette that is this good for only £6, it will defiantly make me think next time I am looking for a new palette! 

What Make Up Revolution products have you tried?! 

SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Now Its Only Me is the most beautiful shade of eye shadow I've ever laid eyes on!!


    Francesca xo | www.effstarbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one, and yes I did buy it because I loved the Gwen Stefani song!! Lol. Anyway, I do think it's a beautiful palette, and I totally agree about the quality, but to be honest, the pinky tones in this palette actually aren't that flattering on me, oops! Still glad I bought it though!

    Kitty
    www.kittyblackadder.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shades in these and I have found Makeup Revolution eyeshadows to be so pigmented. Looks like a great palette for the price! x

    www.beautywithcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you got this palette?!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its quite a versatile palette though, even if the pinky tones don't suit you, its easy to find a look that will :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its worth getting Alina :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh 'Now It's Only Me' is a great colour. I love all the shimmer shades, perfect for the winter party season :)

    Gems x
    http://fashion-well-done.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Sian I have never seen this palette (I sometimes think I live in a cave!) haha. Great post though, love the colours in the palette - they are all wearable.

    Tia xxx
    http://bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. No I haven't but I need it now I've seen that shade!


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dino's Beauty Diary7 October 2014 at 10:56

    Ooooh I love 'Take a Chance' and 'Hot Track'!! I brought my first palette not that long ago and I can't wait to use it! xo


    www.dinosbeautydiary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know right!! So hard not to buy them all!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should totally get it ;)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love new palette excitement :D


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this & absolutely love it :) Do It Alone is one of my favourite shades, it's so pretty!


    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks gorgeous, and I can't believe it's just £6! Really want to get this :) Xx

    Kitty | www.kittyhearts.blospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shadows look just as amazing as I expected, I definitely need to pick this palette up x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its such a pretty palette :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have this and bloody love it! Makeup Rev are just spot on with all their palettes! Oh and thanks, I now have that song stuck in my head! haha x

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorrrrry! But I am glad you agree that it is a good palette :D


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig