Thursday 30 October 2014

FabbBirmingham - 26.10.2014

Hello there;

On Sunday the 26th October, myself and Charli did the short distance to Birmingham to attend our first ever Fabb event! I had heard how much fun these were in the past and when the chance to go to one myself came around, well how could I not attend. Quick disclaimer, this post has A LOT of photos.
11am I went to fetch Charli and we headed up to Birmingham. Luckily one of the girls we were going to meet before the event had told me of a really cheap car park, in the centre! £3 all day, who can complain about that. Getting there wasn't that simple though, I can never go into Birmingham without going the wrong way somewhere on the one way system. But after 4 wrong turns? I finally found the car park.

As neither of us had no idea where to go, the ever so lovely Frankie (Effstar Beauty) who I have known literally forever, agreed to meet us and show us where to go. For that, I thank you! 
After a quick Starbucks visit, cos well yano a girls gotta have her coffee fix. We went onto meet another two beautiful ladies.

Sham, at least its not Sean...
We met Sarah (Time To See The Stars) and Hannah (HannerKing) at New Street Station, and made our way to the Custard Factory. The Custard Factory is a little cluster of independent shops which is adorable. I wish they were all open so I could go inside and have a look around. Defiantly going to go back when the shops are open. The event was being held in a bar that is called Alfie Birds. The bar itself was so lovely, fantastic interior and such a warm and friendly atmosphere. I would 100% recommend anyone to go check this out. 

All the attendees waited patiently in the main bar area as the Fabb Events girls Tor and Ray to make the final touches. When they shouted to go up, I was so excited. I received my wrist band and straightaway was given my goodie bag, (more on that later). The event itself was held over two floors, on each floor there were a selection of brands to talk too. I was excited!! 


First we spoke to Mistair and Stage Line, these have done stage make up for all sorts of different TV shows, which I thought was amazing. They had a live demonstration of the air brushing skills, it was very impressive. 


They had an array of products on show for us to see, I love all of the different colours that they have for the air brushing. I am sure the looks they can do is endless. We also received a goodie bag from here too, which was completely unexpected. 

Next up was Bodhi & Birch, sadly I didn't get to talk to the gentleman as well he was VERY busy with other bloggers, but the products they had on display looked and smelt amazing. Defiantly a brand I will looking out for now. 


The brand next on my list, I did recognise. They supply to where I work, it was amazing getting to talk to one of our actual suppliers, its not something I would never usually get the chance to do.


Nothing better than a all British company.


I can't help but look at these products and think dupes. That is never a bad thing in my book. All of these products start at a £1. And who doesn't want products for a pound? A lady at Anovia (sadly I didn't get her name) spoke to us about each product with a lot of passion, it was great to see someone who cared so much for their brand. Again we were lucky enough to receive each of these products to take home! 

The next brand is certainly one that anyone who has been on Twitter in the past 6 months will recognise. 


Yes Bee Good! The couple who started Bee Good were there to talk about the brand that they had created. Right from the beginning. It was great to see how what was once someones hobby has become to be in stores into Waitrose. From hearing how the items are made, I am so excited to get an order in from Bee Good and try it out! 

After talking to Bee Good, we went off to see the Toni & Guy guys. I had my hair curled because when in Rome. Due to being tangled up with my camera I didn't get any photos of myself getting my hair done. But I did get one of Frankie having her hair turned into a wave of Mermaid hair.


After being pampered, we went downstairs to the middle floor where there was more brands to talk too. Straight away I noticed Mallzee, which I knew I had seen somewhere before. And I had, my lovely friend Julie had recently done a post on them, which you can read here.


The last brand we got to talk to was MeMeMe. I have a couple of their products already. So I was excited to meet the faces behind the brands.



There was a huge array of products on display, too much to even take in all at once. Again the lovely lady behind MeMeMe was so passionate which again I loved. We were lucky again to get another goodie bag! 

I know I know, you've all been waiting to see what we got in the bags. Well you don't have to wait any longer.

From Style Skin, which sadly the photo I took was completely blurry. They have a range of fake fur jackets which were divine. I saw so many people trying them on! 




I can't get over how gorgeous the bracelet is that we received. It so pretty and looks amazing on. I haven't smelt any of the perfumes yet, but I can't wait to try them all on!




As you read above, Anovia gave us four full size products. Cant wait to try out the Leg tanner! 


The lovely guys at Bee Good, gave us a free lip balm. This smells amazing! I haven't used it yet as a I have a cold sore but once that is left my lip, I will be smother this over my lips.



From Stage Line, we got these six goodies! Fake blood!! Just in time for Halloween. And I am a touch in love with the red lip gloss. 


I am completely overwhelmed on how much we received from MeMeMe! I am dying to try all of these items. Especially the Shimmer Stack, it is to die for! 

Next up is what we got in the actual Fabb goodie bag.





Seriously though... how much did we get?! It generally felt like Christmas.
I am most looking forward to trying out the Naked Skin, the NSpa primer and to order the Skinny Boo tea! 

I just want to say a massive thank you to Tor and Ray for putting on this amazing event. I cannot put into words how much fun I had. I hope I get the chance to go to another one!

And finally, I want to say a massive thank you to four girls who made my day even more amazing.
Obviously you all know my love for Charli. But I have been talking to Frankie, Sarah and Hannah for a while now and it was amazing to finally meet them and to find out that I simply adore them in person too.
L-R Frankie, Charli, Sarah, Myself and Hannah
Follow me on 

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I have heard of Fabb Events before and have always wanted to attend one of their events.. This looks SO amazing!! Can't wait to hear reviews about the products! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amzing afternoon, and I really loved learning about the brands, and meeting fellow bloggers.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. bby !! full on best day ever, honestly. Yes...literally forever, MySpace days!!!


    Francesca xo | www.effstarbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW, I love that Yardley bracelet, it is so pretty! Who says you can't have a statement bracelet these days? Ha!
    Looks so much fun, I can't wait to attend my next blogger event :)
    Rebecca xxx
    www.queenbeady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such an amazing event with so many brands for you to actually meet and talk to. The goodies you got look like great products x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep a look out for the next one :D


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here, such a great day :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it just! Can't wait to wear it :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great afternoon, What lucky ladies those goodie bags are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great event, need to try some me me me products :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great day!! Y'all looked glam!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ekkk, I can't believe I finally met you! I was so nervous and so excited all in one, but I'm so glad I spent the day with you and the girls, I can't believe I've made some lovely friends though my blog!
    ah, loves ya sian :)))


    Sarah || time to see the stars ||

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like such a fab event! can't believe the amount of goodies you got too! I need to keep an eye out for a fablondon event now! x

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a discount code on my MeMeMe Shimmer Stack post :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know right!! Spending it with such great people made it so much better :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie you will love it :D!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig