Sunday 17 August 2014

Glamglow Youth Mud

Hello there;

This is one hype I wanted to be all over. But it is also one hype I was worried about spending all of that money to be disappointed. GlamGlow masks have a massive following, but then with the good there is always the bad. And I tend to be one of them people who doesn't always agree with the "hype". But when my best friend Katie, left to go on the cruise ships, her goodbye present to me was her tub of GlamGlow Youth Mud. Excited to try it is an understatement. 

GlamGlow Youth Mud
Now you may think that is a rubbish present! A half used tub. But she couldn't take it with her and why waste it by throwing it away? When she knew I would love it. So no hate plz. 

The consistency of this mask isn't what I was expecting either. When I think of a mud mask, I think of brown gloop. A little smelly and goes on very uneven, basically looking like you have poop on your face. GlamGlow is far from that. In fact is consistency is very gel like, nothing like actual mud. 

The first night I tried this I was a little worried. I don't know why. Maybe because I am not used to using such luxurious products. But I placed it on my t-zone and chin, it took roughly 10 minutes to fully dry but I left it on for about 20 minutes, just so it could really get into my skin. From the photo below you can see the product drying on my face, boy does this stuff go rock hard. And if you look up close in the mirror, there are visible dots on your face where the product is pulling all the dirt out of your pores. It's quite interesting to see, disgusting but interesting non the less.

It is so easy to remove as well, a little hot water and a muslin cloth. Small circular motions to help exfoliate at the same time. And its straight off. Does make a mess of your bright white muslin cloth though, heads up on that one!

Instagram


As you can see from the photo above it is grey in colour and it smells like TEA! Actual tea. I am slightly in love with the smell. The mask itself has little dark leaf like particles and that is the green tea leaves within it. The green tea helps brighten your complexion, help hydrate and to balance the oils on your face. I need all of these right now, my skin is going through some form of change and I really dislike it. 

On first use of this I did notice a massive difference within the areas on my skin where this was used. Straightaway you noticed that it is A LOT softer and smoother. I didn't notice the "glow" that is meant to come with this mask. But that has not deterred me away from this mask. In actual fact, I adore this mask! And all my other masks have taken a back seat for a while. 

GlamGlow Youth Mud claims to do a lot more for your skin other than brighten, hydrate and balance oils. It is also great for helping depuff your under eye area. They even have masks especially for that. It also exfoliates, tone and tighten your skin. This little black pot can seriously do it all! Another little bonus is, GlamGlow as a brand is 100% cruelty free, paraben free and its suitable for Vegans they have covered all the tick boxes for a lot of people. 

I understand that it is a little pricey, ranging between £25 - £50 depending on the pot size. But personally I would spend it. I have already gone on to buy the Super Mud. There is also the ThirstyMud and BrightMud Eye Treatment. If you are unsure on which mask would be best suited for you, pop into your local Space NK store and they are brilliant at helping find the right mask for you.


SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try Glamglow forever, but like you couldn't fork out all that money incase it wouldn't suit my skin. However I came across a tester kit of all their masks and I think I might give it a go x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Glamglow mask! It's one of the best things I've ever used! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I have seen the tester kits! I fantastic idea :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here! Simply adore it :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still playing about with my Super Mud, but keep a look out for my review :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been really sold to Glamglow until I read your post Sian. Safe to say that I'm lusting over it so bad now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love GLAMGLOW! It's definitely my favourite skincare product of all time! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hooked on them now! So worth the money :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It smells amazing, give it a whiff next time you can :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can imagine this smells lovely if it smells of tea! I'm a bit of a cheap skate so not sure I could part with the money, but it does look and sound like a great product! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate tea though :( You know what, i was tempted to pick one up from Space NK, but £50... it's a lot of money! I know everyone is raving about it.. I will probably get one eventually, I know what I'm like! ha Do you not use this one all over? I love the fact they do ones for the under eyes, might be what I try first!!! xx

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its worth it though Megannnn!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't use this all over because I don't have a lot of it left. But i do my super mud :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. If this is the one that you let me borrow the other day, then I LOVE it and I am way too tempted to purchase this on my next payday! My skin felt incredible after!

    Charli | Charlotte Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really intrigued by this! Need to try it!

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig