Friday 18 July 2014

ilumi World*

Hello there;

A few weeks ago I received an email asking me if I was willing to try out some new foods. Well I love food and I love trying out new food, so this was an opportunity I couldn't turn down. 

The brand is called ilumi, they are a company that produce nut, gluten and milk free meals. At first you think, oh god are these going to be bland? I think that is how a lot of people perceive these sort of meals. Well let me tell you, ilumi is hella tasty. 

What ilumi have to say;

"Welcome to the world of ilumi! We've been cooking up nut-, gluten- and milk-free foods for nearly a decade here in beautiful County Durham. Our team of chefs and nutritionists are creative and allergen-savvy: they know which ingredients are safe, and how to combine them to create delicious meals you can trust. After all, food is one of life's great pleasures - but we know you can't enjoy anything until you're 100% confident it's safe.
And from this springs our mission: to create delicious, colourful, deeply flavoursome foods that our customers can trust, to make them accessible and convenient, and to spread the word about eating for wellness to the wider community."
I think they have really hit it on the head here. I received 4 microwaveable meals that are a 1 person serving, they were either a complete meal or you had to add pasta or potatoes to make it a full meal. Which for a person who works 36.5 hours a week is so convenient for me. I struggle to make healthy meals to take to work. This is a great way to get that good healthy and hearty meal without the faff. 

Quick disclaimer - I took these to work, so the photos of the food itself were taken on my iPhone. No posh food set up here sorry. 

Right lets go through the 4 meals.


Mediterranean Style Rice with Pork & Chorizo

This was the pouch I was most looking forward too. I love pork and I love chorizo, so this was surely going to be a dream. And it was. I found that it wasn't too spicy as I am not very good with spicy food. It was also full of different smokey flavours.  There was plenty of pork that just fell apart on my fork when I picked it up. The size of the meal was spot on for one person. What was even better was this took all of 2 minutes in the microwave to cook! Such a great meal for a person on the go.


Piri Piri Portuguese Style Rice

I am usually rubbish with piri piri, like I said I am not overly good with spice. With this meal I was a little dubious that it was going to be too spicy for me. But once again I was pleasantly surprised. I teamed this rice dish up with a Tesco Meaty Sweet Chili Rib. It was a perfect meal, both flavours really complimented each other. As I typed this I am wishing I could each this meal again. 

If I was to have this again, I would certainly add some bell pepper within it and serve it up with fajitas. The flavours would be amazingly taste. Honestly this rice dish would go with so many different recipes. 


Basil & Garlic Chicken Meatballs in a Tomato Sauce

This was another meal I was really looking forward to trying, I really enjoy meatballs and anything that is pasta based. Really should have been born in Italy. 

But out of the 4 meals, this one was the only one I wasn't keen on. I found the sauce on this wasn't as heavily flavoured as the other 3 meals and the chicken was a tad dry. Don't get me wrong I still really enjoyed the meal but like I said the flavour wasn't quite enough for me. This meal though I think would be great for someone who is just starting to try different foods, a good starter dish.


Peppery Tuscan Style Beef Stew

As you can see I teamed this up with mash potato, on the packaging it is recommended to go with potatoes. I couldn't agree more when the sauce mixed in with the mash potato it was a taste sensation! 

This meal was very peppery, a little more than I would usually choose but boy it was tasty! Massive chucks of beef in this meal that really made it feel hearty. Like a good stew should make you feel. After eating this, I must admit I didn't want to go back to work and carry on my shift. 
__________________________________________________

All of the meals above are all priced under £4 a pouch and for the amount you get I think it is absolutely brilliant! You know you are getting a good healthy meal and they only take minutes to cook right to your door. I really will be making an order from ilumi soon to try some of the other dishes that they make. 

You can find ilumi on there website, Twitter and Facebook links are below.

Twitter - @ilumiworld
Facebook - facebook.com/ilumiworld


*These items where sent to me for try in my own time. My views are 100% my own.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm a vegetarian so whilst these meals don't appeal to me, I think my partner would love them! He's so rubbish at remembering to eat properly at work, so I'd definitely consider getting him some of these to try. They look so quick and convenient! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure they will cater for vegetarians Megan :) But certainly give then ago!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh what, they have loads on the website. Go check :)! And exactly! Free food is well FREE :D


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are! Check out the website though incase there is anything that tickles your fancy ;)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing, I've heard of Illumi before but never been that bothered. May have to get some for handy dinners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it, they are SO tasty :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig