Friday 6 June 2014

Kick Ass Concealer

Hello there;

Ever picked up a product, get it home and think; me and you where meant to be?
I got this feeling when I first used Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer



Love the packaging on this, it is so fun! The shade I am reviewing is "light". This is a really good match for my skin tone. I think the darker colour would have made it really hard to blend and highlight. So I always go for a lighter concealer shade. 

This concealer has been named a good dupe for the Laura Mercier, Secret Camouflage. I can see why they think this with the two different shades. With a under eye brightening and a spot complexion concealer. The biggest difference between these two is the price. The Laura Mercier is £26.50, and the Soap & Glory is £10. Massive difference ay! 


Sorry for the messiness of this, I have used this a lot since I got it. I didn't do the classic buy something, take photos and then use it. I was too excited to slap this all over my face.

The consistency of this is so creamy! When it is a little, I would say that this tends to melt easy, so keep out of direct sunlight! I apply this with my ring finger and pat it into my skin. I also think this would apply lovely with a Beauty Blender. But I don't own one of those (yet).


Above the concealers is a little powder that flips down for you to set your concealer. This is a translucent powder that leaves no coverage. So no cakey look. Woohoo. 

Only down side is you have to flip the powder up to use the mirror and then flip it back down if you need more. But that is my only downside to this product. I love using it. Really took over my first place concealer with the Collection concealer. 

Have you used Kick Ass Concealer before?
What are your thoughts?
Let me know in the comment section below.

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I absolutely love this concealer, I can't see myself swapping it anytime soon x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received this concealer a couple of years ago for Christmas and whilst I liked the creaminess of it, I found it a tad too dark! Damn my paleness haha! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh no way! Was that the light shade too?!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. I've never tried this but my mum absolutely swears by it! I might have to pinch it for a while :D
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do it! You will be out buying it for yourself in no time.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. You've got me addicted to S&G products, I swear I didn't use them till I met you haha. But this is one of their products I really want, heard its a fab dupe for the Laura Mericer one!

    Belle ♥ xxxxxx
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorrrry!!!! Im sure you will forgive me when you try it ;)

      Sian
      xxxxx

      Delete
  5. Would you recommend this for pale skin? x
    www.beautiboe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself am quite pale and I find it to be a good match. But I would go and swatch it in store first to see if it suits you :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  6. I adore the Collection concealer but I'm in the mood to try something new, will definitely have a look at this next time I'm in Boots - such a bargain for what it seems to deliver!x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not tried this before but seen a few people recommend this, including the lovely Fleur! Yes it's now on my ever growing list of products I need to buy! ;) x

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The list that will NEVER end :p

      Sian
      xo

      Delete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig