Wednesday 21 May 2014

Disappointing Mascaras

Hello there;

I get a lot people on Twitter and comments, telling me they love how honest I am. Its a flaw in me at times. But others it does come in handy. I can't help but tell you what I am thinking. Its a little like word vomit. Sorry. 

Well unfortunately this post is one of them I don't really like writing. But I need to be honest, and get my thoughts and feelings out there. 



I will start with Revlon Lash Potion

I brought this on a whim, the packaging drew me in. I am such a magpie. It looks so pretty. It also claims to help your lashes grow. How could you not walk past this? I know I couldn't.

As soon as I got home and whipped it out and gave it a whirl. First impressions where good. A nice big wand.


It is in a triangle shape and really grips the lashes. Sounds like I am praising this don't it. And I am so far. I thought this was the mascara I have always been looking for. 



It really separated my lashes, gave loads of length. But it falls off!! 

I started wearing this for work to test it out. And by the end of the day (I work 9 hours) I had NO mascara on my lashes. I have never had this happen to me before. It is not like I am forever touching my eyes, in fact I don't even have time at work to even think about my eyes. So where has this mascara gone?  They looked so pretty in the morning when I applied it. I come home and look like I have never even had a wash. It is all over my face. So much for helping my lashes grow....

This is a great mascara if you need it for a couple of hours, but if you want an all dayer, stay well away. 

Next on my list, I received in a GlossyBox a few months ago. It was brand new out when I received this so of course I was over the moon to try it out.


Personally I have never been a fan of double ended mascaras, I think you are missing out on a lot of product for your money. But when Maybelline Big Eyes came out it had loads of hype around it. And as a beauty blogger, of course I wanted to try it. Especially the lower lash end as I have never had a "lower lash mascara". 



From the start, I thought this mascara looked a little gloomy and may have been one of them mascaras you need to let try out a little. So I did. I didn't want to give it a unfair review from the start. Did leaving to dry out a little help? Nope.

Neither of these brushes cling to yours lashes. They just glide over and hardly apply any product. You really have to work at them to get the mascara onto your lashes. And of course you get it on your eyelid. Just one big mess. 





It does separate the lashes well but that is about it. My lashes almost look grey. 

The photo above is two coats of mascara and I expected so much more from this and the hype. The lower lash brush is even worse than the bigger brush, as it literally does nothing. It's just there for fun of it.

Sorry to write a bad review, but I feel like it is my duty to let you know of products I don't like. If the companies are reading this. I actually love a lot of your other products, just not these guys. 

Have you used these?
What are your thoughts?
Let me know in the comment section below.

- Don't forget about my giveaway I am hosting at the moment. It hasn't got long left! To enter click here! -







SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I agree with the Maybelline Mascara, it's not great but I'm glad I read this because I was eager to try the Lash Potion. I hate it when they simply refuse to last! Great post and a good heads up!

    Heather x

    http://betullabeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So disappointing, both of these are really hyped as well. I love your honest review, and mascara for me is something that is so hard to buy because it's not like you can try it until you've handed over your money so I really appreciate this. Thanks! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, that is why I like reading posts like this :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. So funny, I actually like the maybelline big eyes mascara! I used the small brush at first and then used the big brush and it gave me lot's of length and volume x

    www.justjulie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I might have to try using it that way.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. Love how honest you are!! Thanks for the heads up. I too tried the big eyes and didnt get on with it. Adele x acesparklestar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually think your lashes look amazing in both photos but good to hear they're not worth the splurge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I a lot of effort when into them photos :p

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  6. I found the Big Eyes mascara to be so disappointing too! I'm currently using Maybelline the falsies and like that much more, however I think Benefit They're Real is still my favourite. xo

    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Falsies, one of my all time favourites :) I tend to mix that up with They're Real

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  7. Honest reviews, sometimes it's a bit refreshing to read about disappointing products to know which to steer clear of!
    x

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd always been tempted by that Revlon one but I'll give it a miss now haha!
    I still swear by the Collection Mascaras!

    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried a collection one! I must do it though. Which one do you recommend?

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  9. I actually love the Maybelline mascara! It's my everyday mascara at the moment! It's a shame you didn't like it :(

    Charli | Charlotte Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I hadn't already used this, I would have passed it on!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  10. The only mascara I've ever been impressed with is the Maybelline Falsies, nothing else compares to it x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Apart from Benefits They're Real.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  11. Honest reviews are always the best - helps us not spend as much money so they are always appreciated! :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried either of this mascara and now I probably won't! Thanks for being so honest and doing this post!

    Krystal | Little Beauty Bug <3 & Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  13. No problem Krystal :)

    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig