Friday 14 February 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin

Hello there;

I asked you guys what you wanted me to review from my Weekend Haul post and straight away the Maybelline Baby Skin was requested. How can I not do as you ask? I simple can't. 

Sorry if this is a little later out than anticipated but I wanted to give it a few go's before I reviewed it. 

I have seen a few review in the blogmasphere about this, hyping it up saying its a complete dupe with the Benefit Porefessional primer. So just like you, I was totally excited to get it and try it.

My first impression was it's small. I was expecting more product, granted £6.99 (from Boots) for this isn't exactly expensive, but I was just expecting more. After seeing the size I was hoping that a little went a long way a lot like the Porefessional. 


Unlike the Porefessional, this is a clear gel. I prefer my primers with a slight tint so I can see where I have been and where I need to add a touch more. This proved a little difficult as it is a clear gel. 

I don't exactly rave about the Porefessional, I have used better primers in my time. But I prefer it to this one. The texture of this is slimy. Its the only way to describe it. It felt sooo greasy upon my skin, it does sink in a little but not enough for me to feel comfortable. 
Does anyone else ever feel like that if there skin is greasy?

Does it "instantly" erase my pores? 
Nope. Not one bit. It kinda glides over them, giving more of a barrier for the foundation to not go into them. But I think erase is the wrong word to describe this product. 

I am sorry people, I dislike this product. I will use it up but no repurchasing will be happening here. 
And if I am honest, I am gutted I don't like it. I REALLY wanted too. I wanted a good cheap primer, sadly the hunt is still on. 

Have you used the Baby Skin? What are your opinions?
Let me know in the comment section below.

Sian
xo

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Aww shame it wasn't what you were expecting! I haven't tried it but i like my primers to have a tint or something too. The search for the perfect primer goes on :)
    Play with Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does go on. I think this was a little too hyped up personally.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  2. I actually liked this! Think I'm the only one! The first time I tried it I didn't like it but I used less product and applied it a good 10 minutes before I put my foundation on to allow it time to sink in and it seemed to do the trick! http://justjulie81.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill give that ago next time I use. But I just can't get on with it :(

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. I've read a couple of bad reviews about this now, I'll definitely be avoiding x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate giving a bad review, but you have to be honest. I really was gutted when I found out I didn't like it.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. I really liked this its just like smashbox photo finish so you probably wont like that ether! This has been really hit and miss some ppl love it and others hate it! love how honest you are in your reviews :D xxxx
    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is it? I hadn't heard that one. Gutted because that was my next primer to try out. You've just saved me some money :)

      Gotta be honest, I can't lie haha!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  5. I am really not a fan of Maybelline, I want to love them but I just never find their makeup any good! I think this is so hyped up it was bound to be a tad disappointing, but I'll definitely be giving it a miss!

    Belle xx
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually like Maybelline, got quite a few of their products. But this one is a no go.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  6. I'm gutted this wasn't worth it! I really wanted a cheaper version of the POREfessional!

    rosecharli.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! -sigh- Back to the drawing board....

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  7. i keep seeing these on everyone's blogs i should probably go and get one hehe

    i'm now following you on gfc and bloglovin i'd love it if you could check my blog out and if you like it follow back

    Jorden xx

    http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy I didn't end up buying this, thank you for the honest review! Going to stick to using my porefessional xx

    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would too! It's nothing to shout about :(

      Sian
      xo

      Delete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig