Tuesday 18 February 2014

BirchBox - Love Style

Hello there;

Woohooo it's that BirchBox time of the month again.
Have you had yours?! 

This months theme is Love Style. I am a little shocked at this seeing as its Valentines this month. But I kinda like that its not Valentines themed as its going against the trend. Oh I am so hypocritical aren't I.


They brought the bag back! Yippeeeee. 


Quite a good box this month I think. Full size nail polish and a form of make up! Thank god we've been given some make up in this. I hope GlossyBox follows suit. I am sick of getting creams. 

Right lets get started with my first impressions.


Urbanveda - Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish - £8.99 150ml - www.urbanveda.co.uk

I quite like this brand, I have a face cream from them lying about somewhere and was really pleased with the results of that. So looking forward to seeing what this is like. I haven't really used many exfoliators on my face, so I am hoping it does me some good.

Sorry for the bad photo, my camera hated this packaging
Beauty Protector - Protect & Oil - £8 - www.birchbox.co.uk/shop

Oils, I am so scared of oils. I really need to man up and get used to them. 
I shall let you know when I finally use it. 

(still not used the last oil that came in Januarys box)


Gilchrist & Soames - The London Collection Shower Gel - £13.75 236ml - uk.gilchristsoames.com

This has quite a musky sort of scent to it, slightly masculine. Not something I would usually go for as I like a fruity/fresher scents. But hey ho I shall give it a go and see how my skin likes it. 

And is it just me or does this packaging remind you of the free little shower gels you get in hotels?


Leighton Denny - £11 12ml - www.leightondenny.com

Another nail polish, I think I need to tell these beauty boxes I am not a massive wearer of nail polish. Such a waste on me. Not for a friend of mine as she will have this in her possession soon. But for me, a waste.

I find this product to be a little meh, in the bottle it looks like a black paint with the silver flecks in there. But its actually clear. A little bit disappointing if you ask me. 


Eyeko - Skinny Liquid Eyeliner "Black" - £12 2g - www.eyeko.com

YAY finally a makeup product I can use and enjoy. I have about 5 other felt tip eyeliners I am currently getting through. So keep a look out for this review! 

I love the size of it, being the mini version. Perfect size to just sling into your bag! Well done BirchBox on this one.


And that's it. Seeing as Palmer ate my chocolate within a hour of me opening my box. But we all know what chocolate is like. 

What did you guys think to this months box? 
Leave me a comment below!

If you like the looks of this box and want to receive your very own BirchBox use the following link to set it up.

http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=24978SianxoFollow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Gorgeous products from Birchbox! I have always wanted to be a part of this but I don't think they do it for South African people?? Anyway - that liquid eyeliner is a really good product! I love it!

    New follower on GFC, Bloglovin and Twitter!

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know. Do you not have any beauty boxes over there?!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! Those products look gorgeous. I'm thinking about subscribing to a beauty box. Which do you think is better, BirchBox or GlossyBox?

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Id say go for BirchBox, over the last few months its been spot on every time. GlossyBox isn't so great atm. But its completely up to you. Go for what you prefer :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. Aw, too bad that the nail polish was a bit of a letdown. I guess you should just wear it on top of a black base coat then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I could, but I would have to stop having my gel nails done then :p

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. oh what lovely gifts you had in your box!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I am really loving BirchBox :D

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  5. I'm not fussed on Lenny nail polishes, but this looks good, but shame its not! I think I am the only person still not signed up to a beauty box!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Beauty Boxes as you never know what you are going to get. Sometime its not worth it, but when you find them little gems... SO worth it.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig